Today, we will speak about hotels and especially hotels in Muscat, the capital of Oman. At the beginning of our stay, we made the choice to stay in the capital for 3 nights. We stayed at the hotel The Chedi which is right across the Gulf of Oman, a truly rejuvenating place where palm trees, infinity pools and oriental decoration are in the spotlight.
Since I started my blog, I tested many 5 stars hotels but I must admit that this hotel is part of my top 10 or even my top 5. You should know that in Muscat, it is very very very… hot. The air is heavy and humid and it’s not necessarily very pleasant all day. By choosing a hotel like The Chedi you will forget it. The establishment consists of 158 rooms, all as beautiful as the others. Some even give you a view of Mount Hajjar.
We were lucky to have a room a few steps from the hotel pools and near to the beach. It was just fantastic. More than 33 square meters, a king size bed and a bathroom … INCREDIBLE! The bathtub is magic! There is even a terrace.
This room is on the ground floor, in a small house, lost in the hotel gardens. The decoration is oriental, exotic and refined. You don’t have a sea view, but you are away and close from everything at the same moment. And that … I can assure you that it feels so good all day. With this room, the Chedi Muscat wins a lot of points.
Price : from 400$ (breakfast included)
There are 8 restaurants in The Chedi Muscat. You will have the choice to enjoy local or international food. You will be able to taste dishes from Asia, India, Europe or the Middle East. The hotel thinks about everything and everyone.
Everything is designed to please you and especially to make you spend an unforgettable moment. The first afternoon, when we arrived at the hotel, we ate At The Restaurant, the main restaurant of the Chedi. The dishes are divine! It’s also here that you will be able to have your breakfast. You have the possibility to eat inside but also outside. When we were there, no one was outside. It was much too hot, and this from 8 o’clock in the morning. Every restaurant has its atmosphere. I loved the Arabian Courtyard, which offers oriental dishes around lanterns and soft candles.
WHAT YOU CAN FIND AROUND ?
By booking a room at The Chedi Hotel in Muscat, you will be at:
- 20 minutes from Seeb International Airport
- 10 minutes from the Grand Mosque of Sultan Qaboos (by far my favorite one in Oman)
- 10 minutes from Kargeen restaurant (we liked it so much, we went twice)
- 15 minutes from the beach of Shatti Al Qurm perfect for the romantic sunset! And great if you want to play volleyball with your friends at the end of the day!
You will find all the things to do in Oman and Muscat, in my Oman Travel Guide available in English and French.
MY POINT OF VIEW
WHAT I LOVE
- Dozens of palm trees in the main part of the hotel
- The two pools, all as beautiful and incredible as the other. One of the two pools is 103 meters long and is located right in front of the ocean.
- The spa area, which is the largest in Muscat. I had the opportunity to try a super relaxing Balinese massage with an Indonesian masseur. Unforgettable !
- The little touches in the room. After a long day of sightseeing, you will be welcomed as kings. Your room will be ready for a quiet and peaceful night. The shutters will be lowered and the candles lit.
- Location: 10/10
- Decoration: 9/10
- Pool: 10/10
- The surroundings of the hotel: 9/10
- Rooms: 10/10
- Food: 9/10
- Spa: 10/10
- Service: 10/10
- Value for money: 10/10
Overall experience: 9,7/10
Vous pouvez trouver toutes les informations nécessaires sur le site the Chedi Muscat.